If you're looking for a new and stylish accessory to add to your wardrobe, look no further than the beret. This versatile piece can be worn in a variety of ways, making it a great option for any fashion-savvy individual.
However, if you're unsure how to wear a beret without looking like a try-hard, don't worry!
We've got you covered. In this article, we'll give you some tips on how to wear your beret in a way that will make you look chic and trendy.
What is a Beret?
The beret is a popular winter hat. It has been around since ancient times as it was worn by French Girls during Louis XIV’s reign (the 16th century).
Originally created as protective headwear for soldiers in cold weather climates, the beret has since evolved into an iconic symbol of femininity, fashion, and style.
In fact, the beret is such a popular piece of clothing that it can be worn for many different occasions.
What is the Difference Between a Man's Beret and a Woman's Beret?
The answer to this question may surprise you. A woman's beret is typically smaller in size, has a different shape, and is made of a different fabric than a man's beret.
There are also many different styles and colors of beanies for women to choose from.
Why Wear a Beret?
There are many different reasons why women might want to wear a beret. For some, it can be a symbol of rebellion or an accessory that sets them apart from the traditional female look.
For others, it can be a practical piece of clothing that can help keep them warm in cold weather climates. Whatever the reason, berets are versatile and stylish accessories that can be worn in many different ways.
Ways to Wear a Beret
There really is no right or wrong way to wear a beret, but there are a few hacks that can make it look cooler and more effective.
The most traditional way is to wear it around one side of the head, almost until the forehead. This way, the beret can be easily taken off and put back on.
You can also fluff it up and let it hang down around your face, or you can secure it better with bobby pins or bands. Now let us explore further into understanding the many ways to rock this cap!
How to Wear a Beret with Short Hair?
There is no need to feel self-conscious when wearing a beret with short hair.
In fact, you can rock the style with ease if you follow these simple steps.
So read on!
For Pixie cut:
If you've ever wondered how to wear a beret, then a pixie cut is the perfect hairstyle to try with.
A cropped top and a pair of jeans will show off the beret to its best advantage, and adding a pair of sunglasses will give you an attitude that says you're not afraid to take fashion risks.
This is a haircut that definitely doesn't blend into the background – so if you're looking for a way to stand out from the crowd, a pixie cut with a beret is definitely the way to go.
To pull off this look, simply place the beret slightly above your ears and secure it in place with bobby pins. Then, use your fingers to fluff up your hair in the front.
For Bob cut:
A bob cut is another great option for those with short hair. To style a bob with a beret, simply place the beret at the crown of your head and use bobby pins to secure it in place.
Then, use a comb to create a side part and smooth down any flyaways. For an extra touch of glamour, you can add a pair of statement earrings.
If you have a lob (long bob), then you're also in luck. You can wear your beret in the same way as you would with a bob. The most popular styles are to wear it pushed back or tilted to one side.
You can also choose to wear it further forward on the head, but be sure to secure it in place with bobby pins.
With these tips, we hope you'll be able to rock the beret trend with ease and confidence. So go ahead and give it a try! You might just surprise yourself with how stylish you can look. 😉
How to Wear A Beret with Bangs?
If you have bangs, you can still wear a beret! The key is to choose the right style of the beret and to place it correctly on your head.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your beret with your bangs:
- One way to wear a beret with bangs is to place them towards a higher back of the head so that only a crown portion of the beret is visible from the front. This will create a more flattering look and will help to elongate your face. You can also try wearing your beret slightly off-center so that it falls asymmetrically on your head. This will add interest and personality to your look.
- If you're looking for an alternative to the standard beret style, try a side pony. This look is especially flattering with bangs. Make sure your ponytail is not too high; otherwise, it will overshadow your beret. You can let your hair fall naturally on the front of your shoulders. This look is simple and elegant, and it's a great way to show off your bangs.
- Another option is to try a two-sided ponytail, with the bangs left down in the front. To do this style, you would place the beret at the top back of your head, so that it doesn't distract from the ponies on either side. You can choose to go for a high ponytail or a lower one, depending on what look you're going for.
- You can even try to simply pull your bangs back and wear them under the beret. This allows your bangs to peek out in the front, framing your face in a flattering way. Whatever style you choose, don't be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect look for you.
How to Wear A Beret with Curly Hair?
If you have curly hair, you might be wondering how to wear a beret without looking like a poodle. The key is to choose the right style of the beret and to keep your hair under control.
Here are a few tips on how to wear a beret with curly hair:
- The best way to wear a beret with curly hair is to keep it simple. Pull your hair back into a low ponytail or bun and place the beret at the top back of your head. This will help to control your curls and will prevent them from getting frizzy.
- If you want to show off your curly hair, try wearing your beret with a half-up, half-down hairstyle. Simply pull the top half of your hair back and secure it with a clip or ponytail. Then, let the bottom half of your hair fall naturally. This will help to keep your curls under control while still allowing them to be visible.
- You can also try wearing your beret with a headband. This is a great way to keep your hair out of your face and will help to control your curls. Simply choose a headband that matches your beret and place it over your forehead. Then, pull your hair back into a ponytail or bun and place the beret on top.
How to Wear A Beret with Long Hair?
If you have long hair, you might be wondering how to wear a beret without looking like a schoolgirl. The key is to choose the right style of the beret and to keep your hair under control.
Here are a few tips on how to wear a beret with long hair:
- You can braid both sides of the hair and wear the beret over the braid. This will help to keep your hair out of your face and will give you a more polished look.
- If you don't like to do the braids option above, you can also do that side partition.
- You can also try wearing your beret with a low ponytail or bun. Simply pull your hair back and secure it with a clip or ponytail. Then, place the beret on top of your head. This will help to keep your hair out of your face and will give you a more polished look.
- If you have straight and long hair, it is easier to maintain, and hence wearing the beret just like a bucket hat also works wonders. You can also add something like a scarf that will be perfect during winters.
So, there you have it, we’ve covered everything that you need to know about how to wear a beret. We hope that our article was able to cover your search and help prepare for wearing one!
Just make sure what is the right size for your head, and what is the correct placement. On top of that, ensure also the hairstyle for the beret.
But most importantly...
Make your own style statement with the ideas of what we have given above while also adding touches to personalize them just like they were made especially for you!
With these tips, you should be able to find a way to wear a beret with any type of hair that works for you. So go ahead and give it a try! You might just surprise yourself with how stylish you can look.